Pregnancy Massage – Make Pregnancy More Enjoyable
Pregnancy massage, also called prenatal massage, is a wonderful complement to prenatal care. It’s a healthy way to increase overall wellness and reduce stress during the pregnancy. Massage relieves many of the common discomforts that are experienced during pregnancy, such as leg cramps, stiff neck, backaches, edema (swelling), and headaches.
Furthermore, pregnancy massage reduces the strain on weight-bearing joints, encourages lymph and blood circulation, helps relax the nervous system, and aids in the relief of anxiety and depression caused by changes in hormones.
What Happens During Prenatal Massage?
The first priority is to ensure the comfort of the client. Sideline positioning is preferred with soft cusions that are used to prevent strain on the pelvic region and lower back during the massage process.
During a second trimester massage, you may prefer to lie on your back with slight elevation provided by a cushioned wedge. Depending on where you are in the pregnancy, your massage therapist may use other techniques, such as Swedish Massage or reflexology. The important thing is to ensure that your needs and requests are met.
Benefits of Pregnancy massage
There are many emotional, psychological, and physiological benefits to prenatal massage. They include:
- Alleviating stress on musculo-fascial structures and weight-bearing joints
- Assisting in remedying many common discomforts that occur during pregnancy. These discomforts include stiffness, sciatica, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome, acide reflux, heartburn, nasal congestion, varicose veins, fatique, edema in the lower exremeties, shortness of breath, hip and sacroiliac pain, and tension and knots.
- Increases circulation, which provides more nutrients and oxygen to the mother and baby.
- Stimulates the lymph system, which removes toxins and increases immunity.
- Stabilizes hormone levels and helps relieve anxiety and depression related to hormonal changes.
- Relaxes and soothes the nervous system.
- Increases blood flow to the uterus and placenta.
- Enhances tissue and skin pliability.
- Provides emotional support and a nutruring touch.
- A drug-free alternative to pain relief since medications are limited during pregnancy.
Contact An experienced Prenatal Massage Therapist
Pregnancy massage is very rewarding and comforting. To learn more about this type of massage, call 817-382-1289 or BOOK NOW online.